As the COVID-19 outbreak emerged and evolved, USO Denver quickly pivoted resources across our area to care for military members and their families. In doing this, we relied on your generosity! Here are five ways your support is having immediate and powerful impact this year:
1. You Are Supporting Quarantined Troops. With your help, USO Denver has been providing support to our mission essential, quarantined service members. Our commitment to supporting our servicemen and women wherever and whenever they need us has never been more important.
2. You Are Supporting Military Spouses. Military spouses already lead challenging lives, with deployments, constant moves, the challenge of sustaining a career and the daily stress of military life. Thank goodness, your support for the USO has provided them with resources to get through this difficult time, including online support, food for military families, and a sense of community.
3. You Are Supporting Medical Personnel. Your donations to the USO mean we can continue to support service members in the medical field. They save lives every day, and we must give them the support they need as they fight this invisible enemy.
4. You Are Supporting Military Children and Families. The children of military families are among our nation’s littlest heroes, enduring a constant change of homes, schools and time away from their service member parent. Fortunately, you have helped make it possible for military kids around Colorado and Wyoming to stay entertained, engaged and, most of all, connected to the people they love.
5. You Are Supporting Service Members Who Are Still on the Front Lines. Not even a global pandemic can stop our frontline troops from keeping us safe and free. Service members at Buckley AFB and FE Warren AFB as well as our Colorado National Guard have vital missions right here in our communities. You have helped ensure that USO programs and services are there to help them, every step of the way.
Your support of USO Denver ensures we can continue the incredibly important work of supporting our local service members and military families.
Thanks for all you do!
More from USO
USO Summer Fun Challenge 2020
This week we challenged military families to have some summer fun together in a creative, social distancing approved event we called the US…
Military Families Play Virtual “Bingo!” with the USO!
On Thursday, nearly 120 service members, their spouses and military kids joined us online for an exciting virtual bingo night. Each family …
Crafters Make Patriotic String Art with the USO
One positive thing that’s come from the COVID-19 pandemic is the opportunity to try new things. For our craft along program participants, t…